I want to take a moment to discuss how the whole Europe trip started…
It started to celebrate Colton’s wonderful mother’s birthday. Their family has been planning on this trip for ten years, and with much anticipation the time is finally now. I feel so lucky and thankful to be a part of this special time for them. I’m grateful to have been invited to come along, to partake in this birthday celebration, and to be able to spend time with such a great crew.
Today is my sixth day here, and I’m feeling appreciative for so many reasons. It is truly a great feeling, so I wanted to share it, along with all of the things I’m feeling thankful for.
I’m feeling thankful for:
- To have the opportunity to go on this adventure trip in the first place, starting in Italy, heading to Czech Republic, making the way to Austria, and then to a newly-obtained house sitting experience in Turkey.
- To be able experience new cultures that are different from my own, specifically listening and reading new languages all around me, and trying new delicious foods.
- To be able to look out over the beautiful rolling hills of organized grape vines and olive branches against a sunny blue sky and wake up like this everyday.
- To have had the opportunity to meet up with an old friends in new countries, and to have the future opportunities to make new ones too.
- I’m thankful to intake and learn some of the history while I am here. So far, I’ve learned about the “David” statue, how Italy played such a large role in the Renaissance, and how much importance was played on religion in the olden days and today.
- Thankful to have a career that allows me to find creativity within an ever-changing “office” (hostel, patio, coffee shop, etc.).
- Thankful because I feel like I’m doing something right with where I am, and the decisions I am making.
- Thankful because I’ve come to the realization that material “things” really aren’t that important. (Literally, I’ve sold all of my furniture, appliances, and bags of clothes to downsize and live out of a suitcase. Of course, I had this realization about material things the moment I finish redecorating my apartment, but anyway…)
- To be surrounded by such loving, intelligent, and kind-hearted people.
- I’m thankful that I have the courage to listen and follow my heart in my decision, even when it was the harder thing to do, and with some people doubting me along the way.
- I’m most thankful for my family and friends who support me everyday.
I realize not everyone is able to embark on a journey like this, and so my gratitude levels are at an all time high. I feel rich in love, and hopefully when this is over I’ll be richer in experiences as well, and wiser too. It’s astonishing what comes when a little bit of luck and a lot of hard work come together.
Again, thank you Universe.
If you’re looking to make a major change in your life, I can’t say I’m a professional life coach, but if you need just a little more support, leave a comment. I’ll do the best I can to pay the support I’ve received in my life forward.
The captivating photos of Montelpulciano, Italy you see in this post are all taken by Colton’s sister, and good friend, Chelsea Chorpenning. A Denver-based photographer, Chelsea finds beauty in her natural and constructed surroundings. She shoots weddings, events, portraits, homes, and currently is documenting her trip to Italy. Be sure to browse through more of her gorgeous photography works on her website ChelseaCPhoto.com, Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr. For photo inquiries, shoot her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.